Has your governor arm been tampered
with or removed? Then, you should be considering an engine adjustment!
But how do you adjust the Woodward governor controller? This article
will unveil that! It explains how to adjust the mechanical governor
Meanwhile, if you need any Woodward products and live in Wellington, FL, stop by at Ace Power Products, LLC. With decades of experience dealing with industrial equipment, you can be guaranteed safety, reliability, and efficiency!
Engine Adjustment Tips For Woodward Governor Controllers
1. Inspection- When your engine runs too slow or fast, the
first approach is to inspect the governor spring and linkage before you
start to solve the underlying problem. First, you need to confirm that
your Woodward governor controller operates freely, and then the spring
isn’t stretched or damaged. Additionally, it would be best to inspect
the governor static adjustment to verify that all free play has been
taken off between the carburetor and spindle.
The best way to execute this is by moving the throttle from idle to fully open and taking note of how the governor shaft shifts. If it moves clockwise, you’d need to unfasten the clamp screw, and leaving the throttle wide open, turn it clockwise and re-fasten the nut. Ensure the throttle moves from idle to full-open after the adjustment has been made. You might need to consult an expert to carry out these exact adjustment procedures.
Why You Should Adjust Your Governor Well
1. Shortens Your Engine’s Life- If the engine speed isn’t controlled, it will destroy itself.
2. Blows The Magneto Magnet- Even for a short period, an improperly adjusted governor can lead to catastrophic failures like the blowing of the magneto magnet into several pieces.
Why Choose Ace Power Products, LLC For Your Woodward Products?
- Decades of experience working with industrial equipment.
- We deal with brands that have had a longstanding reputation.
- Our products are of the highest quality and value.