828 Digital Controls
Woodward’s 723Plus and 828 digital controllers manage and control reciprocating engines (gas, diesel, or dual fuel) used in power generation, marine propulsion, and industrial engine and process markets. Pre-programmed, standard-application models of the 723Plus control provide a variety of off-the-shelf control solutions for these markets.
Custom programmable models of the 723Plus and the 828 controls can be developed to meet specific needs for specialized functions in process, plant, engine, and marine applications. Custom versions may be used as unit or engine level controls, or as supervisory controls for functions such as sequencing, load shedding, heat recovery management, and system monitoring and alarming.
Both the 723Plus and the 828 controllers provide state-of-the-art control for new and retrofit applications. Integrated diagnostics on both controllers determine the control integrity. Diagnostic tests include memories, processor, and baseline power supply monitoring.
• Configurable for control and monitoring in engine, plant, process, and marine applications
• 32 bit microprocessor
• Three user-configurable communication ports
• Modbus® protocol
• Two Local Operating Network (LON®) channels
• Digital reference and ramps for speed, temperature, pressure, etc.
• Configurable update time groups (10 to 80 milliseconds)
• CSA Certified
• CE Compliant
Woodward 723/828 electronic controls are used in diverse control operations.
• Gas, diesel, or dual fuel reciprocating engines used in power generation, marine propulsion, and gas compression/distribution
• Cogeneration, power transmission/ distribution, process management, pipeline pump stations, utility power generation, emergency standby power, and remote control station operation
• Supervisory controls for functions such as sequencing, load shedding, heat recovery management, and system monitoring and alarming